Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The Adventure Race Awaits Us!

One of my greatest joys in life is being outside... which is a good thing since I work at K-7 three months out of the year! I especially love this time of year as the weather cools off, the leaves start to change and the smell of autumn fills the air- God's creation is just amazing, isn't it!

This coming weekend David Cribbs (K-7 assistant director), Lincoln Golike (K-7 leadership guy, married to the lovely Carrie Golike who are expecting their baby boy in mid-November!) Blair Hawley (K-Kountry leadership girl) and myself are heading into the wild outdoors to endure AND conquer a 36-hour adventure race. We will start on Friday night and continue until late Sunday morning as we hike, moutain bike and canoe together for a total of 100 miles... pray for us!!!!! It is a crazy adventure for sure, and only possible through the strength that the Lord provides. He is faithful! I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments: